Originally when this family said they would like to go to Blue Lakes for family pictures I wasn’t sure it would be able to happen. The road usually closes in early November but this year we have not had as much snow, so the road was still open!!!! So I met them at trailhead for Quandary and we made the trek up to the lower lake. It was a bit chilly but not as bad as it could be. This Mountain View is unlike anything else you will get in town. I absolutely love this location.
Tonight I met up with this awesome family for a quick family session. it was cold today. The sun never really made an appearance.
Tonight I met up with a family that I met last year. We had a fantastic session up at Sapphire Point. It was chilly but not horrible. These kids were troopers without their coats on!
Are you planning a winter session in Breckenridge. Hopefully this helps you determine which type of location you would prefer. It pretty much comes down to mountain views or a more “woodsy” feel.
1. A great view point with fantastic mountain views. Lots of mountains and pine trees.
2. This location offers pine trees and mountain views. This is a quiet location and a favorite of mine.
3. Dirt road with lots of pine tress This is a nice location but again no mountain views. Just imagine this snow covered.
4. This location is a little bit outside of Breckenridge. It is located in Frisco. Mountain views! Again you’ll have to imagine this covered in snow.
5. Another quiet and fantastic location. There are some mountains (not shown in this picture), but not a lot. There are aspen trees and an old building.
6. This location is a really nice place but again no mountain views. Its more of a woody view.
7. One last location option offers great views of the ski resort.
8. Boreas Pass Road.
This is a road that is they close off in the winter. There is a parking lot and a short walk to this view. When I say short walk…it is probably 1/4 mile or so.