Just wanted to take a moment out of the day to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July. I took this picture a couple of years back in Glendale, CO.
Enjoy your 4th..
Some Fireworks tips…
SLR based cameras
1. Shoot with a tripod
2. put the camera on a lower ISO, around 400 or so for less grain
3. Use a remote if you have one
4. Aperture – use a high number such as 16 or 22. This will cause your lines to be more defined and smaller.
5. Shoot a long shutter speed such a 8 seconds to capture the motion. You may need longer to expose it correctly. Your aperture will define your shutter speed that you use. So play around with the settings to capture what you like.
Point and Shoot cameras
1. your simpy not going to get the motion blur without a tripod or something to keep the camera steady
2. try your nighttime mode – this will give you a longer shutter speed
3. Do you have aperture or shutter speed priority? Give it a try. See the example I listed above.